Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog Forum Index Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog
Hťt WO1-forum voor Nederland en Vlaanderen

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   WikiWiki   RegistreerRegistreer 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privť berichten te bekijkenLog in om je privť berichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen   Actieve TopicsActieve Topics 

Australia's World War I archives website attracts global int

Plaats nieuw bericht   Plaats Reactie    Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog Forum Index -> WO1 in het nieuws Actieve Topics
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
Yvonne
Admin

BerichtGeplaatst: 30 Apr 2007 17:12    Onderwerp: Australia's World War I archives website attracts global int Reageer met quote

War archives website attracts global interest

A new website with Australia's World War I records has had more than 200,000 hits since it was launched, with the figures peaking on Anzac Day.

The National Archives scanned millions of pages of official records to create online access to the military records of all Australians who served in WWI.

The documents include personal letters and service information, which are vital for family and historical researchers.

The director of access information services, Anne McLean, says archives in Canada and the UK are now considering similar Internet access to their war records.

"I think we have set a bit of a benchmark here, we've had contact from overseas archives asking us about how we've done the project, would we do things differently, are there things we've learnt from it," she said.

"Now with these records online, we've got 18 million pages available on the archives website for the public to view at a time and place of their choosing."

The archives are located at www.naa.gov.au under 'World War One Service Records Online'.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200704/s1909199.htm

https://twitter.com/ForumWO1
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privť bericht Verstuur mail Bekijk de homepage
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Plaats nieuw bericht   Plaats Reactie    Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog Forum Index -> WO1 in het nieuws Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: