Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog Forum Index Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog
Hét WO1-forum voor Nederland en Vlaanderen

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   WikiWiki   RegistreerRegistreer 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privé berichten te bekijkenLog in om je privé berichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen   Actieve TopicsActieve Topics 

3 Maart
Ga naar Pagina Vorige  1, 2

Plaats nieuw bericht   Plaats Reactie    Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog Forum Index -> Wat gebeurde er vandaag... Actieve Topics
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
Percy Toplis

BerichtGeplaatst: 02 Mrt 2011 22:38    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Brest-Litowsk, Waffenstillstandsabkommen

Zentralbild, I. Weltkrieg 1914-18 Die Unterzeichnung des Waffenstillstandsabkommens zwischen Deutschland und seinen Verbündeten und Rußland am 15.12.1917 in Brest-Litowsk. UBz: Der Oberbefehlshaber der Ostfront Generalfeldmarschall Leopold Prinz von Bayern, links, bei der Unterzeichnung, rechts die Delegation Sowjetrußlands Adolf Joffe, Leo Kamenew und Bitsenko.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-R92623,_Brest-Litowsk,_Waffenstillstandsabkommen.jpg

"Omdat ik alles beter weet is het mijn plicht om betweters te minachten."
Marcel Wauters, Vlaams schrijver en kunstenaar 1921-2005
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privé bericht
Percy Toplis

BerichtGeplaatst: 02 Mrt 2011 22:44    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

American soldiers of the 18th Infantry and 6th Field Artillery [1st Div.], receive the French Croix de Guerre on 3 March 1918.

French Premier Georges Clemenceau attended the ceremony.

http://www.worldwar1.com/dbc/doughty2.htm

Naar boven
Percy Toplis

BerichtGeplaatst: 02 Mrt 2011 22:53    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

The Daily Ardmoreite, Ardmore, Carter County, Oklahoma, Sunday, March 3, 1918

KARL TIETGENS Interned

Muskogee, March 2: KARL TIETGENS, cotton broker of Ardmore and former officer in the German army, was ordered today interned for the period of the war. He was described as sending information of military value to the Germans.

KARL C. TIETGENS, 222 Stanley Blvd., was taken in custody by deputy marshall RICHRD HIGNIGHT, Feb. 14 and jailed. The department of justice ordered his arrest. When LEE SEGLER, police chief, was appointed registrar for registering aliens, Tietgens was the first to report. He completed a form, supplied his picture and fingerprints. He came from Eutin, Germany where he was born Dec. 1881, landing at Galveston from the steamship Koln Aug. 16, 1908, then in 1908 he went to work for LOVE & THURMOND cotton brokers in Ardmore, as the bookkeeper. He is married. His parents are in German where his brother and two cousins are in the German army. He served one year in the German army before coming to the U. S. He has not applied for naturalization papers nor reported to any consular.

k::24471.html" target="_blank">http://genforum.genealogy.com/cgi-bin/pageload.cgi?Harper,County:Surprisedk::24471.html

Naar boven
Percy Toplis

BerichtGeplaatst: 02 Mrt 2011 23:01    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Letter by Emir Feisal to Felix Frankfurter, President of the Zionist Organisation of America

DELEGATION HEDJAZIENNE
Paris, March 3, 1919.

DEAR MR. FRANKFURTER: I want to take this opportunity of my first contact with American Zionists to tell you what I have often been able to say to Dr. Weizmann is Arabia and Europe.

We feel that the Arabs and Jews are cousins in race, having suffered similar oppressions at the hands of powers stronger than themselves, and by a happy coincidence have been able to take the first step towards the attainment of their national ideals together.

The Arabs, especially the educated among us, look with the deepest sympathy on the Zionist movement. Our deputation here in Paris is fully acquainted with the proposals submitted yesterday by the Zionist Organization to the Peace Conference, and we regard them as moderate and proper. We will do our best, in so far as we are concerned, to help them through: we will wish the Jews a most hearty welcome home.

With the chiefs of your movement, especially with Dr. Weizmann, we have had and continue to have the closest relations. He has been a great helper of our cause, and I hope the Arabs may soon be in a position to make the Jews some return for their kindness. We are working together for a reformed and revived Near East, and our two movements complete one another. The Jewish movement is national and not imperialist. Our movement is national and not imperialist, and there is room in Syria for us both. Indeed I think that neither can be a real success without the other.

People less informed and less responsible than our leaders and yours, ignoring the need for cooperation of the Arabs and Zionists have been trying to exploit the local difficulties that must necessarily arise in Palestine in the early stages of our movements. Some of them have, I am afraid, misrepresented your aims to the Arab peasantry, and our aims to the Jewish peasantry, with the result that interested parties have been able to make capital out of what they call our differences.

I wish to give you my firm conviction that these differences are not on questions of principle, but on matters of detail such as must inevitably occur in every contact of neighbouring peoples, and as are easily adjusted by mutual good will. Indeed nearly all of them will disappear with fuller knowledge.

I look forward, and my people with me look forward, to a future in which we will help you and you will help us, so that the countries in which we are mutually interested may once again take their places in the community of civilised peoples of the world.

Believe me,

Yours sincerely,
Feisal.

http://www.amislam.com/feisal.htm
Zie ook http://www.crethiplethi.com/faisal-frankfurter-correspondence-at-the-paris-peace-conference-1919/the-middle-east/2010/

Naar boven
Percy Toplis

BerichtGeplaatst: 03 Mrt 2015 11:50    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Paul Gustav Völckers (15 March 1891 – 25 January 1946)...

... was a highly decorated General der Infanterie in the Wehrmacht during World War II who commanded the XXVII Armeekorps. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. He was captured by Soviet troops in 1944 during Operation Bagration and died in Soviet captivity in 1946.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_V%C3%B6lckers

Paul Völckers trat am 3. März 1910 als Fähnrich in die Königlich Preußische Armee ein. Er kam dabei zum 2. Magdeburgisches Infanterie-Regiment "Prinz Louis Ferdinand von Preußen" Nr. 27. In diesem wurde er am 20. März 1911 zum Leutnant befördert. Das Patent wurde dabei auf den 24. Juni 1909 datiert. Von seinem Regiment wurde er im Frühjahr 1914 als Assistent zur Infanterie-Schießschule kommandiert. Als Zugführer im 5. Garde-Regiment zu Fuß zog er in den Ersten Weltkrieg, wo er bereits am 11. Oktober 1914 schwer verwundet wurde. Nach seiner Genesung wurde er am 26. Februar 1915 zum Kompanieführer der 11. Kompanie vom 5. Garde-Regiment zu Fuß ernannt. Als solcher wurde er am 18. Juni 1915 zum Oberleutnant befördert. Am 29. Dezember 1916 kam er in das II. Bataillon seines Regiments. Am 6. März 1917 wurde er dann Ordonnanz-Offizier beim Beskiden-Korps ernannt. Am 20. Juni 1918 zum Hauptmann befördert, wurde er am 28. Juli 1918 als Batterie-Führer zum Feldartillerie-Regiment 43 kommandiert. Am 15. November 1918 wurde er dann Bataillonsführer des II. Bataillons vom 1. Magdeburgisches Infanterie-Regiment "Fürst Leopold von Anhalt-Dessau" Nr. 26. Im 1. Weltkrieg wurden ihm beide Eisernen Kreuze verliehen.

Lees verder op http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Personenregister/V/VoelckersP.htm

Naar boven
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Plaats nieuw bericht   Plaats Reactie    Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog Forum Index -> Wat gebeurde er vandaag... Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Ga naar Pagina Vorige  1, 2
Pagina 2 van 2

Ga naar: