Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog Forum Index Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog
Hťt WO1-forum voor Nederland en Vlaanderen

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   WikiWiki   RegistreerRegistreer 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privť berichten te bekijkenLog in om je privť berichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen   Actieve TopicsActieve Topics 

WFA Launches The World War I Centennial Network

Plaats nieuw bericht   Plaats Reactie    Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog Forum Index -> 2014-2018 Actieve Topics
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
Tandorini

BerichtGeplaatst: 23 Feb 2013 19:39    Onderwerp: WFA Launches The World War I Centennial Network Reageer met quote

The new network's member organizations include:

The National World War I Museum at Liberty Memorial
the Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library
the US Army's Center of Military History, and
the WFA East Coast Branch (USA)

The World War I Centennial Network is a new cooperative alliance of museums, organizations and historic sites in the United States aimed at boosting awareness of the coming centenary of The Great War.

According to WFA East Coast Branch Chairman and Centennial Network founder Paul Cora, "the network seeks to highlight the various World War I-related public programs, publications, and museum exhibitions of its members, and to boost public interest as we approach and experience the centenary years. The American collective memory of The First World War is different from that in Europe and generating interest in remembering the war and its impact on subsequent history represents a special challenge which the Network seeks to meet. "

To achieve its goals, the Centennial Network centers on a new collective website featuring links to the member organizations, an events calendar, a WW1 blog, and pages dedicated to WW1 news, literature, film and other media. As the Network grows and develops over time, it will come to serve as a conduit for American remembrance and understanding of The Great War.

The World War I Centennial Network is officially sponsored by the Western Front Association in keeping with its mission of "furthering public interest in the period 1914-1918", and the founding organization is the WFA East Coast Branch (USA). Like-minded WW1 organizations, museums and historic sites throughout the United States are welcome to join. For more information, visit The World War I Centennial Network on the web:

http://www.ww1-centennial.org

For further information, please contact Paul Cora.

http://www.westernfrontassociation.com/news/newsflash/2904-wfa-launches-the-world-war-i-centennial-network.html
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privť bericht Verstuur mail
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Plaats nieuw bericht   Plaats Reactie    Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog Forum Index -> 2014-2018 Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: